Anchorage awesomeness

Click for Anchorage, Alaska Forecast

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Its Fairly obvious

We took the kids to the fair last week and had a great time. I had been dreaming of it for a week and I was getting so pumped up for the turkey leg I was going to devour. When we got to the turkey leg booth CJ noticed that it was $9 for a leg, one leg, by itself, alone, $9. I was a little put off at that point and didn' t really know how my stomach was going to respond, then CJ said the words that got me off the hook with my stomach. "Nine dollars, are you kidding me?!! We can buy two Costco rotisserie chikens for that!" Enough and well said babe, I moved on to other distractions at the fair with a contented heart thinking of all the wonderful dinners CJ has provided with those amazingly tasty Costco creations. As we walked away and I began munching a tasty smashed and soaked through to the crust peanutbutterandhoney sandwich I was secretly planning what steps would need to be taken in case my Kettle corn booth was in such a state as to be appealing to only the affluent masses at the fair.

AK and her buddie scaring the bejeezies out of the parental units for their lack of protection on a bit of a wild ride. Afterward they said it was fun but we hardly noticed any blinking as we watched. IM had a great time, he met a soldier at the recruting booth who gave him a "real" dog tag. EI sat in the stroller for 4 hours with no complaint. Ham solo won in the final race of the pig races against Paula Ham-dule. By the way we did get my kettle corn and let me give you a little bit of advice. If they ask "open or closed" in reference to the bag the answer is always and forever an emphatic enthusiasic clear "OPEN PLEASE!" At this request they topped off the bag adding another 5" of pop to the bag, it's a no brainer.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment